Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas is over :(

The party is over. It's time to go into that funk that they call January.
Here is how we spent our Christmas:

We went to my Aunt Maureen and Uncle Vince's house for Christmas Eve. We started late this year (6:30) due to all the people that have to work. The night was action packed with food, grab bag, white elephant and an unwrapping game. We got home around 12:45 am and proceeded to exchange presents with my immediate family. My parents got me a new and improved Sonicare to replace the one that Otis ate.
Buzz is practicing with baby Colton. But his real love is pocket pooches. Here are a few of my cousins (Jen & Steph). Normally we take big group shots but by the time we thought to do this, it was too late and nobody wanted to.
We woke Christmas morning and went to Jeanie's house for a 9:30 am breakfast. After this, we opened presents. This is where Buzz and I exchanged. He got me an external hard drive to house my thousands of photos.
Of course, the dogs were around for our holiday adventures. They slept at my parent's house and Jeanie watched them while we went to the city.

We had to be at my Grandma's house at 2:00 for dinner. Mind you, this is in the city. I don't mind the running around because I like to see all of my relatives. My dad and Joey thought they were pretty clever wearing their Kane jerseys to the Kane house. They were surprised to see they weren't the only Kanes who thought of this.
My aunts and uncles and Grandma
My cousins
I decided to rock out with my cousins. Apparently I was a bit too loud. We had to be back at Buzz's mom's house by 4:30 for dinner. Yes, another dinner. I ate all meals and loved it. We spend the rest of the night with Buzz's family playing games and hanging out.
The day after Christmas we went to Buzz's dad's house to celebrate with him. I look pretty pregnant in this picture.
We used my new Joby Gorillapod to take this group shot. It's a tripod that is flexible and can be wrapped around banisters and trees and things. The legs look like strands of anal beads. Thanks for the great present, Kirsten. We had lunch at Big Bowl and spent the rest of the evening at Dan's house. He told some Vietnam stories and we discussed baby names.



I am sad that this is all over. The Christmas music has disappeared from the radio. Kirsten and Brent are flying back tomorrow early. I was able to see my good friend Kristy only once. She was in from Montana. I did have Austin to look forward to but that is not looking so good anymore. Oh well, at least I find out the sex on Tuesday. I'm guessing boy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We loved your card. We look forward to them each year! You look like you are bringin down the house in the Rock Band pic

Anonymous said...

I already miss the Christmas music too! Can't wait to find out the sex!

Teresa said...

Looks like you guys were busy!!!