Sunday, December 7, 2008

Holiday Weekend

After a long, boring week of being sick we enjoyed a nice weekend filled with holiday traditions. On Friday, Buzz and I went to Dickens in Dundee. The little shops on Main St. in Dundee make "living" windows where they have kids and adults dressed up and portraying holiday scenes. Some of the stores have free hot chocolate or cookies. They have a couple tree-lighting ceremonies too. Last year we brought Otis and Buzz had a horrible time because, get this...people were touching Otis! This year we went sans the dogs and it was easier to maneuver around. On Saturday we took the dogs to see Santa at Petco. Let's use the term Santa loosely because Santa was a chick. The dogs had a hard time settling, the pics were crummy and Greta tried to eat another dog but all in all it wasn't too bad. I was lucky to have Buzz to control the dogs.
Saturday night I had the Elk Grove Pet Clinic girls over for a holiday party/ornament exchange. Everyone brought treats to share and we had some good laughs as always. Otis used the ladies to try to score snacks and he succeeded a few times. They're all suckers for a good-looking red dog.



Note the ornament that Janice (in the foreground) is holding. Yes, that is a shiny, Christmas poo and that was the ornament that I contributed to the exchange. For your info it was a hot commodity. Sunday afternoon I met the past and present ladies of Muir School for our annual Brunch at the Season's of Long Grove. It was great to catch up with everyone and we did some shopping afterwards. Although it's cold, I love this time of year. It's always good to catch up with old friends.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you take the dogs to Santa.
Um, the Christmas Poo ornament rocks!

Jessica said...

You're so pleasant and happy and nice talking in this post. What's going on? Have I missed something while I was gone?

Kari said...

Hello, I discovered you from your comment on Dooce. I'm a dog mom too (no baby on the way) and I'm enjoying reading about your evolution. I wish I could take my dog (2-year-old German shepherd) to festive events, but she tends to bark and frighten people in public. We did manage to keep her in line at the Christmas tree farm the other day.

Amanda said...

A chick Santa? That's just weird.